OUR CATAPHORETIC COATING SYSTEM
A brand new powder-coating system integrated with cataphoresis treatment.
Zanardo S.p.A. is proud to announce the commissioning of its brand new powder-coating system, integrated with cataphoresis treatment to the world of electrical panels. This system is the largest and most modern currently available from any manufacturer of electrical panels. This type of coating works by immersionand ensures the protective film penetrates into every narrow opening or hole in the product.
We are the first in the electrical panel sector to use a Japanese epoxy cataphoretic product from the automotive sector which guarantees mechanical seal, elasticity and long life, and can be painted over.
The painting process is fully automatic and monitored by software on a 4.0 digital platform, integrated into the internal management system.
- 3 stations for material loading
- 3500 metres of track for loading the material
- 125 hangers
- 250 kg maximum weight permitted for each hanger
- 3.5 metres/minute working speed
- 8 metres/minute material movement speed
STEP 2 / TREATMENT
- 800 square metres of treatable surface/hour
- Treatment tunnel length 54 metres
- Drying oven at 110° for 15 min.
- 90 m3 double cataphoresis immersion tank.
- 4 pieces with maximum simultaneous coating dimensions H.2200 W.3500 D.1000
- Cataphoresis polymerisation oven at 165° for 18 minutes
- 2 automatic powder-coating cabins
- 1 manual powder-coating cabin
- Powder-coating polymerisation oven at 170° for 20 minutes
- 3 stations for material unloading
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROCESS
- guaranteed protective film coverage
- reduction in the applied coating thickness
- double baking for products
- production speed
- guaranteed treatment for cleaning the sheet metal, with six pre-treatment stages and passivation using nanotechnology
- less environmental pollution with a closed-circuit purification system, use of liquid cataphoresis paint with just 1.5% of solvent, and a sharp reduction in coating product waste
- low baking temperatures of the 2 products
- longer product lifespan
A TREATMENT WHICH ENSURES BETTER SEAL AND DURATION
This treatment is standard for our products DRC, KA, VFR, KQ, KM, all stands, all accessories in RAL 7035, and a limited series of ES and D93 cases, at no additional cost.
Cataphoresis, combined with special powder coatings, will be used (on request) to manufacture products installed outdoors or in aggressive environments, where a “C4” degree of durability is required.
With these treatments, the products will be 100% comparable to those in galvanised sheet metal.
Within a few months we will have finished developing a treatment cycle with classification “C5X”, with a duration of 1200 hours in a room with salt mist.